This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such. Some technical terms used in this statement are explained at the end of this page.
Dog Nappers Limited fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect or publish any personal information about you through this website without your clear permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to the Society will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 – 2003 and subsequent GDPR regulation that came into effect on May 2018.
DNL does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example by e-mailing us, by using our online feedback form or by making a purchase). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties, and is used by the DNL only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
This website uses temporary “session” cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited. If you use the ‘Remember me’ option when logging in to dognappersdogbeds.com website, a cookie is placed on your computer with an encrypted id to remember your credentials. No other information is stored in this cookie. Visitors can use this website with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled from the web browser. Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by our internet service provider for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to personally identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- The IP address of the visitor’s web server
- The top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Google analytics which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- The type of web browser and operating system used by the website visitor.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 2 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
We accept payments through PayPal & Stripe . When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to them, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
DNL will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the policy of DNL to never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from our internet service provider, which records such data on our behalf and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by law. The technical information will be used only by DNL, and only for statistical and other administrative purposes. You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Users that sign up to our newsletter will have their data transfered to our mailchimp newsletter account